We are recruiting for a Fulfilment Assistant to join our team to support our expanding operations.
Colonna is a fast growing, world renowned and innovative speciality coffee company based in the South West of England. The company prides itself on its continual pursuit of exceptional coffee.
The story began with the destination concept coffee shop Colonna and Small’s in Bath in 2009. The store established itself as a landmark speciality coffee experience, showcasing the world's best coffee.
Colonna has its roots in the specialty third wave coffee movement, but its ambitions lie in engaging quality discerning customers around the world in the complex flavours and stories of exceptional coffee. Colonna is also viewed as a leader in innovation being one of the first to market with speciality coffee capsules and bringing to market in 2020 a water jug with filtration optimised for the at home coffee drinker.
Colonna is a dynamic company that works through various channels and collaborations. Colonna ships to 50 countries every month through its growing online retail platform. Wholesale partnerships include some of the world’s finest specialty coffee destinations to brand collaborations looking to tell a quality driven coffee story and deliver in the cup.
It is an exciting time for Colonna as it builds on its worldwide reputation for innovation and disruption in the coffee space. the business is growing quickly.
Colonna curates a range of the world's most exceptional coffee, sourced and roasted to showcase their unique and sought-after flavours.
Colonna has a continually changing selection of coffee based on the seasonality and nature of coffee as well as a desire to showcase a variety of incredible coffee flavour profiles throughout the year.
Our collaborative coffee projects often mean a bespoke sourcing relationship for a specific coffee, its flavour and story.
Colonna has been at the forefront of the specialty coffee sector in areas such as capsules and water. The Peak Water jug is launching in 2020 and is hotly anticipated by the coffee community in the UK and rest of the world.
Awards and Recognition
- Founder Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood is a 3 time UK Barista Champion, Young British Foodie award winner and international speaker across the coffee industry. Maxwell has also authored two books on coffee.
- Head roaster Bethany Williams is a 2018 European roasting champion.
- Colonna and Small’s the Bath-based flagship destination store has many accolades, appearing in multiple top coffee shop lists, with mentions in Vogue and The Independent. The shop won best European cafe in 2017.
- Colonna’s disruptive and innovative approach to capsule coffee has been featured in a variety of prominent press such as the Telegraph newspaper. The specialty Coffee capsules were featured in Wired magazines top innovative products of 2017.
Colonna ships products to wholesale and retail customers in over 50 countries and orders have been rapidly growing over the last 12 months.
This new, full-time, Fulfilment Assistant role is an important position within the business to continue to fulfil orders in a timely fashion and in anticipation of new products coming online in 2020.
- Ensuring the timely packing, dispatch and delivery of a range of products from our warehouse to fulfil wholesale and retail customer orders across the world through a range of different carriers.
- Ensuring the warehouse remains orderly and items remain safely stored, easily identifiable and retrievable
- Communicating with customers regarding order fulfilment and logistics
- Handling buyer returns and restocking items
- Contributing to our broader warehousing and inventory management strategy
- To work and communicate closely with the production team
- There may also be cross training to cover other roles
- Relevant work experience in a logistics role, warehouse or fulfilment, preferable but not essential
- Self-sufficient, hard-working and enthusiastic
- Strong organisational skills and trustworthy
- Customer orientated with an ability to build relationships
- Good communication skills externally, with customers and suppliers, as well as internally within a dynamic and passionate team environment
- Ability to prioritise, balancing everyday fulfilment with any ongoing projects
- Flexibility and the ability to manage fulfilment across multiple products and brands
- Ability to be comfortable with and adapt to change in a business environment
- Has a clear sense of purpose and direction with personal values aligned with those of Colonna
Primarily based at the roastery in Yate, Bristol. Occasional travel may be required.
A competitive basic salary is on offer
To be considered for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org